Last modified: November 21, 2017
The Data Detox Kit is an excellent place to learn more about enhancing your privacy online, and offline.
Collection of information
You can visit our website without providing any details. On our Platforms, you can
browse without telling Us who you are or revealing any personal information about
Yourself. However, to proceed further, as an initial requirement in order to understand, use our services and utilize the facilities made available, We will collect some basic information from You, which may include your full name, complete mailing address including Zip Code, phone number, e-mail address, date of birth, nationality, skills and sectors, intended problem areas, team identities, photographs and such other details as required by the registration form. We may also require You to send to us such other information as may be necessary. In addition thereto, We may also require you to provide Us with certain other details including your location, demographic details, profile of the intended work, business idea etc. We indicate fields that are mandatorily required to be filled and fields that are optional. We may collect information from the You at various stages beginning with the first access to the website and/or creation of profile.
We may also collect Your responses to online polls, ads, surveys, electronic newsletters and questionnaires. This information helps us improve your experience with better services and opportunities.
Any information collected by way of an IP Address and/or cookie technologies is not personally identifiable. However, if you choose to provide personally identifiable information as above on our website, this information may be linked to the data stored in these technologies.
We shall be the sole owner of the information collected.
Use of information
- Upon receipt of such personal and non-personal information, it no longer remains anonymous to Us. Please note that we at Jaaga, do not divulge, rent-out or sell any personal information provided on our website to advertisers or any other third parties for profit.
- The information provided by You is retained by Us as part of our internal record keeping, and used to improve services provided by Us or through our affiliates, for market research, data analysis, resolution of problems and disputes, customise experience etc.
- We may provide aggregate and/or anonymised information about our Users to certain persons/entities, like angel funds, venture capitalists, individual investors, advertisers etc., to help reach the kind of audience they want to target.
- We will not share any information pertaining to the problem statements, team information and identities etc., without prior information to and consent from You. However, such information collected may be used to analyse the same to provide the services as requested by the Users.
- We may share Your information with our Affiliates to provide You with the requested/desired service. Only information needed specifically for carrying out the service will be shared in such cases.
- We use this information to do research and data analysis on our Users’ demographics, interests, behavior to better serve you and meet Your requirements. This information is compiled and analysed on an aggregated basis.
- The profile/general information given by Users shall be used to keep track of viewing preferences of the user.
- Any information or data You share with third persons/others who may or may not be part of the co-working space/business community and affiliates is at Your discretion and We, at Jaaga are not responsible for how this information or data is used.
- All information, including Your personal data or information provided, either at the time of registration, browsing, visitations, or any time thereafter, are voluntary and We may use this information at our discretion for providing the (a) services (b) co-working (c) for communications, (d) receiving service feedback (e) receiving feedback on the services rendered (f) promotion of new product or services (g) connecting You with other User/s and creating an interface for communication.
- You also agree that this information may be used for other purposes including, commercially, for sale or transfer, research, publishing, analysis or statistical purposes. However, the said information will be used in a non-identifiable manner and We will make our best efforts to ensure that your privacy is not infringed in any manner.
- We endevour to safeguard all information collected, except, if such disclosure is mandated by law, or a law enforcement agency, legal authority etc. Otherwise than as stated above, we shall not use information provided by you without your prior consent.
Change of user information
You are given the option to change any information provided by you. You may at any time discontinue our services by de activating/deleting your profile and/or moving out of the co-working space. However, unless you have unsubcribed from our communication channels, Your information will continue to be available to the other co-workers, advertisers, funds or affiliates.
Protection of user information and information safety
We have the following security procedures and software in place to ensure that your personal information is kept confidential:
We and our affiliates may share some or all of the collected information with another business entity should We plan to merge with, or be acquired by that business entity, or re-organization, amalgamation, restructuring of business.
Information provided is saved and stored on servers which are secured with passwords and pins to ensure no unauthorised person has access to it. Once your information is in our possession, We shall endevour to adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access. All of your information is restricted to our server and accessible by persons authorized to do so in order to provide services to you.
All persons accessing your information shall do so through a password protected account and any breach of confidentiality obligations by our employees shall be strictly penalized.
Servers that store Your information are kept in a safe and proper place.
Any information shared with relevant partners shall not be identifiable to any specific start-up or individuals but We may provide them with aggregate and/or anonymised information about our Users to help service providers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the information We have collected from You to enable Us to comply with our partners' wishes by sharing their services with the target audience.
Third party links
We shall not be liable for any damage caused to you by third party cookies being set on your devices. Except for such notices and announcements made by us, we disclaim any liability towards any third party advertisement/cookie that may be set on your computer/laptop etc. We have taken all reasonable care to safeguard your information and ensure that it is kept confidential. However, we shall not be liable for loss of information by means which cannot be reasonably foreseen.
You may decide to publish some information in order to use Our services. We are not responsible for the manner in which third parties use your personal information that you voluntarily publish on the website.
All advices provided by us are only suggestive and it is your sole discretion to rely on it and We disclaim any liablity thereon.
Third Party Vendors
Updated: November 21, 2017
We use the following third party vendors for hosting, billing and automation. They may have access to some of your data too. Take a look at their privacy policies. Where possible we have chosen to go with vendors who have non-intrusive privacy policies. The list below is provided for information only and is subject to change. We endeavour to keep it up to date as best as possible.
We use a self-hosted version of open source blogging platform, Ghost, so your data never leaves our servers as best as we can tell. We haven't independently investigated the Ghost source code.
We use a self-hosted version of open source analytics platform, Piwik, so your data never leaves our servers as best as we can tell. We haven't independently investigated the Piwik source code.
We use FontAwesome icons and MaxCDN is the recommended hosting option for FontAwesome.
We use Google Fonts for fonts on our website.
AWS provides hosting for our website and analytics platform - both of which are self-hosted to prevent any leaking of user data.
We use Google Apps for email, productivity tools (Docs, Sheets etc) and our mailing lists. We do not use Google Analytics or other trackers from Google.
We maintain a few Facebook pages and engage with users directly on Facebook. We do not use FB Pixel or other trackers from Facebook.
We maintain a Twitter account and engage with users directly on Twitter. We do not use Twitter conversion tracking or other trackers from Twitter.
We use Instamojo for our checkout process - for instance our website links to Instamojo products.
Razorpay is used for payment links and reconciliation when we send you an invoice.
Zoho Books is our accounting software and is used to maintain data on customers, contact information, subscriptions and invoices.
We use Zapier to automate a lot of our processes.
What you can do
Your ISP and probably others in the network can monitor your visits and use of our site. VPNs can help minimise this exposure. You can enable Do Not Track in your browser and use tools such as Privacy Badger to further minimise your online footprint. You will still have complete access to our site and our community :-).